Autumnal Nude MAC Lipstick Picks

I have been wanting to do a post about my MAC Lipsticks for ages, but I couldn’t decide which ones to feature – I have so many that I certainly couldn’t feature them all! However, I decided as Autumn approached, I would do two MAC Lipstick posts: one with Autumn Nude lipstick picks and one with bolder lipstick picks! So, without further ado, here is a low-down on my favourite Autumn picks!

Syrup

Syrup was the second ever MAC Lipstick I bought. I purchased it in the MAC shop in Covent Garden during a school trip and I was never actually charged for it as for some reason, the money never went out of my bank account, so I always like to call this my first freebie. It’s a lustre finish and it’s the most gorgeous mauve pink. It’s one of those lipsticks that you can just swipe on without even having to use a mirror and it ties together any look. I always reach for this, whatever season it is, but I particularly love it during the autumn because of it’s purple undertones – it almost acts as a berry shade without being too in your face and that really appeals to me as someone who doesn’t really like to wear the brightest of shades all the time. Syrup is creamy, sheer but buildable and perfect for this time of year.

Velvet Teddy

Everyone and their dog has this lipstick, or at least has heard of this lipstick. I unashamedly bought this just after Kylie Jenner announced that it was one of her favourites, sceptical of whether or not it would suit me. However, I think Velvet Teddy would honestly suit anyone. It’s a perfect brown-orange nude that gives you that desired 90s glamour. The formula is matte but it’s a really creamy matte that’s exceptionally opaque and one swipe does enough to get you a really solid colour. It’s really easy to wear and you obviously can – and should – wear this all year round but weirdly, this lipstick matches a scarf I have so perfectly, and that’s why I see this as more of an Autumnal shade.
Fleur De Force

I love this shade. Seriously. It’s in my top 5 MAC Lipsticks of all time. When Fleur announced that she was creating her own MAC shade, I knew I’d love it as I buy so many lip colours based on her recommendations and I was not disappointed with this one. It’s the most beautiful browny-pink nude and while it was released in Spring of this year, I knew I’d get the most wear out of it from September onwards and I was right. I’ve been wearing this nearly everyday since the weather started to get a little colder. It is quite similar to Velvet Teddy in colour, but it’s slightly lighter and pinker and is a cremesheen finish, rather than a matte. I did a whole post on this lipstick when it first came out in April, which you can find here.

From L-R: Plumful, Fleur De Force, Syrup, Velvet Teddy
Plumful

I bought this lipstick after I heard Estee Lalonde talk about it constantly and honestly, it’s the most perfect Autumn shade. It is called ‘Plumful’ but I would call it more of a raspberry shade. It’s quite sheer upon first application which is why I added it into the ‘Nude’ Edit, rather than the brights one. However, as you can see from the swatch, it’s very buildable if you want to go for a more intense look. I prefer this colour in it’s balmy state; it adds a lovely pop of colour to a look without being too intense. I want to thank Estee for recommending this shade as I’ve used up one tube of it already and am now halfway through a second; I love it for this time of year.
There we have it. My autumnal nude lipstick picks. Stay tuned on my blog for more autumn lipstick picks, and maybe a eyeshadow one if you’re lucky. What are some of your favourite autumn lipstick shades?

1. September 19, 2017 / 4:48 pm

The timing of this post is sassy as heck ๐Ÿ˜‚ I love MAC's shade range, even though I can't use their stuff! I really wanted to get Nicki Minaj's new signature lipsticks ๐Ÿ˜ฉ I love a good purple-berry shade in the Autumn!
    Emma | emmadrury.com

2. September 19, 2017 / 5:24 pm

Love that you did a post on autumnal lipsticks!! Love all your choices babe xx๐Ÿ๐ŸŽƒ๐Ÿ‚

3. September 19, 2017 / 6:13 pm

I've never owned a mac lipstick *sad face* but I think I need to get the Fleur one! So pretty! x

4. September 19, 2017 / 6:15 pm

These are all gorgeous! I have Velvet Teddy and now I think I need the three others as well… Especially Plumful, such a perfect color for Fall!
    xx

5. September 19, 2017 / 6:20 pm

All of these shades look gorgeous! I never picked the Fleur one up and I am so gutted about it! You got sucha good deal too on the first one haha xx

Hannah | luxuryblush

6. September 19, 2017 / 8:49 pm

I never seem to go to the Mac counter when it comes to shopping for make up. I only own one Mac lipstick which is in the shade Mehr which I totally love. I am someone who hasn't tried/purchased Velvet Teddy but I am a little more sold on the shade. Like you said everyone has it, so maybe it's time to see what the fuss is all about and why it's popular!

Taylor Jane ox | http://www.taylorjane.co.uk

7. September 19, 2017 / 10:55 pm

Velvet teddy is my everyday shade and people always say it looks different on me ๐Ÿ˜‚ Beautiful nude and it's a matte finish โค๏ธ

8. September 20, 2017 / 10:14 am

These are some great picks! Plumful is one of my favourite shades for this time of year and I love Velvet teddy all year round! I think those two were my first MAC lipsticks!

Ellie x

9. September 20, 2017 / 3:49 pm

I adore nudes – and now it seems I need Plumful in my life ! Xx

Robyn

10. September 20, 2017 / 4:30 pm

These are absolutely gorgeous. I've meaning to buy a new Mac shade and these all look stunning for the season. I do love Fleur's lipstick and velvet teddy.

Jackie | fashionxfairytale |

11. September 21, 2017 / 4:08 pm

I have Velvet Teddy and I love it. I've actually not worn lipstick for months but this post has made me want to start wearing it again ๐Ÿ™‚ Really wished I could of got the Fleur De Force one but it sold out before I could xx

12. September 21, 2017 / 9:02 pm

I love a Mac nude but the only one of these I have is Velvet teddy! I love the look of all of them though. X

Kate// itskaterose.com

13. September 22, 2017 / 9:09 am

I wish I got a free Mac lipstick ๐Ÿ˜‰ I really want Syrup and Fleur's shade, they're both so gorgeous!! xx

Gemma Louise

14. September 23, 2017 / 7:41 am

I always go for velvet teddy in the autumn too! There's something about it that makes me think of autumn! That fleur de force shade is gorgeous! I so regret not getting it! Your photos in this post are stunning Chlo!
    PaleGirlRambling xo

15. September 23, 2017 / 8:17 am

I donโ€™t let the haters get their way Em ๐Ÿ˜‰ I recommend some of the MR ones for a budget, CF option. Swatched them yesterday and they wonโ€™t come off my hand ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ™ˆ

16. September 23, 2017 / 8:17 am

Thank you!! Autumnโ€™s here, letโ€™s embrace it! X

17. September 23, 2017 / 8:18 am

I know ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ suckers!!! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

18. September 23, 2017 / 8:21 am

Thank you Rachael!! I was so proud of them!! โค๏ธ

19. September 24, 2017 / 2:39 pm

Even the names makes me want to buy some now! โ€˜Velvet Teddyโ€™ would be so good for this time of year & itโ€™s probably my favourite shade ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿฝ

20. September 25, 2017 / 8:20 am

I bought a mac lipstick a couple of years back and it's a gorgeous colour but I never got along with it, it would be all patchy on my lips by the end of the day and felt too drying. I do just think it's my lips though because everyone else never complains about them.

Great review and gorgeous photos!

Chlo x

21. September 27, 2017 / 10:13 am

I really love mac lipsticks! All of these look amazing. I love plumful, and Fleur De Force looks beautiful! Also, these photos are stunning, Chloe. x