I Took On The So Shape Challenge

As a lot of you will know, I’m trying to eat a little healthier and loose weight. I’m not going crazy, but I’m trying to find ways to make my life a little lighter. So, when the people over at So Shape contacted me and asked me if I’d like to take on the 5 Day So Shape Challenge, I jumped at the chance.

So, what exactly is the ‘So Shape Challenge‘? Well, they reckon that by having one smart meal in the morning and one smart meal in the evening you can loose weight, feel lighter and have far more energy – as well as eating whatever you want for lunch (within reason). I decided to take on the 5 day challenge but there is also a 14 or 28 day challenge to try as well. So Shape claim that this diet is not only really healthy but also cost effective, gluten free and really easy as all the meals come in these very cute little sachets and only involve being mixed with water.
So Shape asked me what kind of flavours I’d like and I asked for their sweet range because the idea of healthy food that tastes like brownies really appealed to me. I decided for my 5 day challenge, I would have one of these shakes at breakfast and lunch rather than at lunch and dinner as it fit in better with my lifestyle, because during the week Johnny and I always have dinner together but never lunch due to him working and me being at uni. It worked really well for my lifestyle, because it meant I could take a shake to uni and have one before I left.

The great thing about So Shape is that the shakes actually taste really good. Usually, weight loss shakes would make me a little queasy but these do not taste like you’re cutting corners in the slightest. My personal favourites were the chocolate, lemon cheesecake and the cookies and cream. They all tasted like I was really indulging myself in an unhealthy treat but they are so low-calorie; it’s actually quite remarkable. The chocolate one tastes just like the chocolate milkshake from McDonalds. No wonder it’s the 1# weight-loss program in France, since 2014! They’re very smooth, incredibly easy to make (you literally just mix them with water and you’re good to go) which is so easy when you’re in a pinch for time and they’re fantastic to have on the go, especially when you have your handy little So Shape bottle with you, which has all the measurements on it to ensure perfection in your shake everytime.

There are also 19 gourmet flavours to tempt you – so you’ll never get bored of the meals either. They have so many different curries and pasta sauces, as well as their sweet flavours which were the ones that I tried. For me, So Shape is the perfect alternative to snacking. I usually would never try a diet where shakes were involved, but there’s nothing shady or steroid-y about these. They’re made to keep you healthy above anything – the weight-loss is just a fantastic bonus to that. They claim that each So Shape shake has as many vitamins and minerals than 4 oranges and as much protein as a chicken breast which means that each shake is giving you exactly what you need to be perfectly healthy.

So, what have my 5 days doing the So Shape challenge taught me? Well, I’ve learnt that I have a lot more discipline when it comes to snacking than I thought I did. Cutting out the random packets of crisps has been easy because the shakes keep me so full and now, even after the challenge, I don’t reach for them at all. In the 5 days I did it, I lost 2lbs! Which, okay, doesn’t sound a lot, but for someone who hasn’t lost weight in a year, that’s quite an achievement! I’ve also been far less tired throughout the day, feeling way less bloated and I haven’t had any trouble with acid reflux for two weeks, which I’m not sure if I can thank So Shape for, but I’m including it anyway!
All in all, I’m very impressed by the So Shape Challenge, and definitely will be giving it a go again in the future, as well as including lighter eating into my everyday life. You can try the So Shape Challenge here and now you can enjoy wice as many flavors with the custom option included on 14 and 28 days Challenge if you use:  CUSTOMCHLOE.

*This post has been kindly sponsored by So Shape but all thoughts and opinions are my own. I get nothing if you use the above discount code; it’s just a gift from the people at So Shape!*

1. October 10, 2017 / 7:01 pm

I'm always a little wary of meal replacement programmes like this because crash-dieting can be a bit dangerous! I'm glad that you found this beneficial though, and that the taste of the shakes was decent – I've heard some horror stories from friends who have tried some truly disgusting flavours haha! Best of luck with your weight loss journey, you can do it!

Abbey 😘 http://www.abbeylouisarose.co.uk

2. October 10, 2017 / 7:28 pm

Ooh I'd never heard of So Shape before, so thanks for the informative post! I'm currently attempting a weight loss journey too, but have always been wary of meal replacement programmes, but this 5 day challenge certainly sounds like something more realistic to trial! xx

3. October 10, 2017 / 7:34 pm

Haven’t heard of So Shape before but it’s somerhing that my mum would intrested in since she likes doing meal replacement programmes x

4. October 10, 2017 / 7:46 pm

I never would usually do meal replacement but because I never eat breakfast anyway, this encouraged me to have a healthier eating schedule and I still got to eat whatever I liked for dinner ☺️ I was happy with my experience for sure xx

5. October 10, 2017 / 7:49 pm

I was so sceptical to try these but I’m so glad I enjoyed them in the end! 😌

6. October 10, 2017 / 8:49 pm

I really wish these were suitable for those with a milk allergy because they sound really yummy and like they'd be perfect for me in school as I really struggle to find the time to have proper meals! So glad they worked for you!
    PaleGirlRambling xo

7. October 11, 2017 / 1:47 am

I've never tried a meal replacement program before but this one sounds intriguing! I've been looking into a juice cleanse lately and may give that a try soon 🙂

Cindy | http://www.cindyhyue.com

8. October 11, 2017 / 7:57 am

I always get a little worried at the thought of meal replacement shakes, less for the nutritional value, and more for the fear they’ll taste like chalk! The flavours are so different from ones I’ve tried before though, I’m really intrigued.. ��

Andi | http://www.andthenzen.co.uk

9. October 11, 2017 / 8:48 am

These actually sound really nice, and cookies and cream!? Sign me up haha! The only thing I worry about with meal replacements is putting the weight straight back on when you go back to "normal" food but these do sound super yummy and like something I'd enjoy!
    Alice Xx

10. October 11, 2017 / 9:02 am

Such a shame you can’t have them as they are gluten free – so halfway to you being able to have them 😂

11. October 11, 2017 / 9:03 am

These taste great! You won’t have an issue with these!

12. October 11, 2017 / 9:04 am

So far I haven’t put the weight back on but it has only been a week 🙂

13. October 11, 2017 / 2:47 pm

Ive been on a similar thing and I love the shakes. I think as long as youre very aware and keep on top of things they can be beneficial!

Sarah | http://www.sazsinclair.com xx

14. October 11, 2017 / 7:26 pm

I haven't heard of this before, but they sound really great! So glad they're working for you, and I am loving the packaging xx

Hannah | luxuryblush

15. October 11, 2017 / 7:26 pm

Argh I hate the texture of drinks like this (I don't have milk or milkshakes, baileys etc because of it), but these do sound like they would work quite well 😊 X

16. October 12, 2017 / 6:54 am

These sound very intriguing! I’m never usually a fan of diet related shakes but these flavours do sound pretty cool! I’m glad you enjoyed trying out the challenge!

17. October 12, 2017 / 9:11 am

I was intrigued by this! Again shakes are sometimes a bit of a short-term thing but I love the range of flavours they offer. Cookies and cream sounds lush! x

G

18. October 12, 2017 / 9:52 am

I'm not really a fan of meal replacement drinks. These flavours do sound nice though!

19. October 12, 2017 / 8:31 pm

I've never heard of this brand before, but I find with shakes that it's only temporary unless you do fitness along with it maybe? These flavours sound good though xx

Taylor Jane ox | http://www.taylorjane.co.uk

20. October 12, 2017 / 11:23 pm

The cookies & cream one is so nice isn't it?! I'm really tempted to work with them again in January to have a health kick after the Christmas period x

Gemma Louise

21. October 13, 2017 / 5:23 pm

I absolutely adore the packaging of these, and the flavours sound really good too. It sounds like an actually quite healthy option and it's nice to hear you'd love to try this again!! xx

22. October 13, 2017 / 8:02 pm

Pretty sure I've seen their brand beofre and wasn't too sure. So keen now!! Great post x

23. October 13, 2017 / 9:05 pm

I have never heard of these before, it looks like a great challenge!

24. October 14, 2017 / 10:14 am

It’s a shame you don’t like the texture because these taste great!

25. October 14, 2017 / 10:15 am

I’m not big into fitness and they work well for me 🙂

26. October 14, 2017 / 8:45 pm

This is sooooo cool, I've never heard of this brand before but well done you on losing 2lbs! I'm trying to lose some weight too and every time I lose a few pounds I remember that famous picture "still mad you only lose 1lbs?" holding the equivalent to it in their hands, its amazing!

27. October 19, 2017 / 3:09 pm

These sound like the perfect diet shakes, I love the favours they offer instead of the basic usual ones! It's amazing that you lost a couple of pounds from doing this! xx