A Peek Inside December’s Cohorted Box…

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, it’s that time of the month again. It’s time we take a look and see what gorgeous goodies Cohorted have in their December – i.e. Christmas edition – box. And, speaking of Christmas, that was yesterday so I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and are all reading this with foggy heads and turkey sandwiches in your hands…

Emerald City Eye Shadow Palette from Cargo Cosmetics || RRP: £35.00

I had never heard of Cargo Cosmetics until receiving this box but thank you again to Cohorted for opening my eyes again to a brand I never would have tried out otherwise. This palette is absolutely fantastic. It hosts 12 stunning shades in the most gorgeous green and gold packaging. They’re soft, buttery and extremely pigmented and if you’re in the market to try a brand new eye shadow palette then I recommend this one! While this palette only hosts 2 matte shades (a boo from me), it does have the most glorious shimmers known to man. My favourites are ‘Pier 59’ – which is a brown eye shadow with golden shimmer – and ‘Pike Place’, which is similar but a bit more pink. I also love the shade ‘Coffee’ as it’s almost got purple undertones to it and it looks glorious smoked on the outer corner. This palette is a 10/10 from me!

Tarte Tartiest Glossy Lip Paint in ‘Obvi’ || RRP £21.00

Again, another absolute winner from the Cohorted team. A year ago the idea of a gloss would’ve turned me right off but this Glossy Lip Paint from Tarte is stunning. It’s not too sticky on the lips and just creates that stunning sheen that celebrities and models just seem to have. The colour pay-off is phenomenal: it’s not at all like any gloss I’ve seen before as it’s not even slightly opaque. It’s honestly breath-takingly beautiful and it’s a pink-brown nude which is literally my favourite lipstick colour ever. It’s not guaranteed that you’ll get this lip paint in your box: some boxes also contained a Huda Beauty lipstick. I’m really pleased I got the Tarte one though as it’s a brand I love and a shade that suits me to a tee.
Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner (Mini) || RRP: £16.00

Eyeko is a brand I’ve wanted to try for ages but have never gotten around to. However, since trying this eyeliner I know I have to. It’s a beautiful liner: intensely black with a flexible pen-like brush aiding even those inexperienced at make-up with creating the perfect, most flawless wing. In my opinion, this eyeliner is as good – if not better – than my beloved Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper and I can definitley see myself buying the full-size of this one once it runs out, rather than going back to Kat Von D. While some may argue it’s pricy for a liquid liner, I’d say that you’re paying for the quality that you’re getting and in my opinion it’s totally worth it.

Becca Shadow & Light Brow Contour Mousse || RRP: £18.00

The final product I received in the box was this very exciting brow set from Becca. While this won’t work for everyone as it’s a brown shade, I’m blessed to have brown (almost black, really!) eye-brows and thus I can use this. The texture of this mousse is very weird. When you look at it, you expect it to feel like a pomade but it’s very squishy and light when you touch it, which is interesting. I’m not sure about the highlight shade in this little duo. It’s extremely pink and because I have quite yellow-toned skin, it’s quite noticeable on me when I wear it so it’s by no means a natural highlight. However, I love the concept and the brow shade is really easy to work with as it’s so lightweight. It makes creating a natural brow really easy.
I love opening up my Cohorted box each month and seeing what’s inside! It’s like a Christmas present to myself! If you’d like to get your paws on a Cohorted box, you can do so here!

1. December 28, 2017 / 5:08 pm

I never ordered a box from cohorted! it does indeed makes a perfect present to yourself! look at all the amazing products! xx corinne

2. December 28, 2017 / 5:09 pm

Some amazing products in there, I'm always impressed with Cohorted. I've always wanted to try Cargo, I've seen quite a few of the American beauty girls talk about them. Shame about the matte situation though, that's a bit of a deal breaker for me x

Sophie

3. December 28, 2017 / 5:12 pm

Hi, this looks like a lovely box to try, the packing is lovely and the goodies inside also look great. I would love the lip gloss.

4. December 28, 2017 / 5:22 pm

That gloss looks so pretty. You should definitely check out Eyeko for their mascara – I'm obsessed with it and highly recommend trying it.

5. December 28, 2017 / 5:28 pm

Wow! So many gorgeous treats! The pink gloss looks beautiful! Thank you for sharing and hope you have had a fabulous Christmas xx

Bexa | http://www.hellobexa.com

6. December 28, 2017 / 5:34 pm

Lovely post! These products look amazing and i love your photography! I’ve never tried a beauty subscription box before but this idea sounds really nice as you mentioned it’s a great way to try out new brands! x

7. December 28, 2017 / 5:43 pm

Wow, that eye shadow palette looks sooo nice – it has such gorgeous colours! And the lip gloss! I agree, I don't usually go for a lip gloss but that one looks and sounds so nice!

Amy,

8. December 28, 2017 / 6:14 pm

Looks like you got some fab products in this box! I’m always for a shimmery eyeshadow and I love the packaging on the Tarte lip paint. I have super fair eyebrows so I’d probably look totally ridiculous with the eyebrow product on but how lucky that it suits your eyebrow shade perfectly! Stunning photos, as always.

Jenny

9. December 28, 2017 / 6:16 pm

Looks like you got some lovely products in this box. I love, love, love the eyeshadow colours.

10. December 28, 2017 / 8:21 pm

That eyeshadow palette is a beaut! I'm so jealous because I still haven't tried anything from Tarte!

Gemma Louise

11. December 29, 2017 / 8:57 am

This box looks really good! That eyeshadow palette is amazing! I keep saying it, but I really need to try more beauty brands! x

12. December 31, 2017 / 3:35 pm

Wow it sounds like there were some incredible bits, I love the fact that there's an actual palette and a Becca product has been included. It seems like the Cohorted Box often has a great variety. xx

Kristy | thevioletblonde.com

13. January 1, 2018 / 8:18 pm

Wow, that lipgloss looks divine! The brow product is very unusual, I have never seen anything like it! it sounds so interesting, I'm intrigued to see what it's like in comparison to a brow pomade!

Sarah | http://www.sazsinclair.com xx

14. January 3, 2018 / 7:47 pm

This box seems like a fantastic way to discover new brands, there are quite a few in your box which I'd never heard of before! The Eyeko eyeliner sounds fantastic, especially if it gives the Kat Von D tattoo liner a run for its money! I have been really tempted to invest in the Kat Von D liner for quite some time now, but I might have to go for an Eyeko one instead! loving those blueish shades in the Cargo Cosmetics pallet as well, I would definitely get a lot of use out of those!

Abbey 😘 http://www.abbeylouisarose.co.uk

15. January 4, 2018 / 12:24 pm

From the posts I've seen they never seem to have a bad box! All their products are always great quality and you get a lot for your money. I love the contour mousse! xx

G

16. January 4, 2018 / 2:51 pm

I'm actually so annoyed that I've never tried anything from any of these brands! The eyeshadow palette looks like it has some gorgeous colours in it; it's a shame it doesn't have that many matte shades though! xx