Beauty Favourites of 2017

Today marks the one year anniversary of having my blog. The past year has been crazy but from doing this I’ve discovered some amazing products and some great brands so today I’m going to share with you what I liked to put on my face in 2017.

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit III || £69.00

This was the priciest make up item I purchased in 2017 but it has been, by far, my favourite. I use it everyday for powder, bronzing, highlighter and blush and I really love it. The Ambient Lighting powders especially have been a stand-out for me. Dim and Diffused Light are used everyday and they just give the most wonderful, blurring appearance to the skin which I honestly just adore. The bronzer is also so gorgeous and whenever I use this palette I feel like a glowing goddess. I 100% recommend this palette to anyone and it has been a standout of 2017 for me.

This has been my favourite nude lip of 2017, despite the fact that I got it quite late on in the year. Anna Saccone has this lipstick and I’d wanted it ever since I saw her donning it and I haven’t been disappointed. It’s such an easy nude to just swipe on as it’s so creamy and goes with pretty much any make up look. I was worried a nude this light wouldn’t suit me but it’s really quite beautiful on me, especially when layered over the Pillow Talk Lip Cheat, which is another favourite of mine this year.

I only bought this lipstick a few days ago so technically, it’s not been a favourite for the whole year but I just had to include it. This was my first ever YSL lipstick and I am so impressed. It’s a really gorgeous brown/pink nude and has no coral in it, despite it’s name. It is a satin finish, really light and long wearing and just the most perfect shade for every day. These are quite pricy for lipsticks but if you fancy a little taste of luxury in your life then I really recommend getting yourself a YSL lippy.

I haven’t talked about this eye-shadow palette enough on my blog but it’s definitely been my favourite of 2017. The shimmer shade in it alone is enough to bag it a place in this 2017 favourites post because it is honestly one of the most beautiful eye shadows I have ever used in my life, but the 8 mattes you also get in this palette also are exceptionally beautiful, pigmented and easy to blend. 2017 was the year I discovered how much I love warm toned eye-shadows and this Huda palette just has all of the ones I could possibly want in one place!

This has been my favourite bronzer since 2013 and I think this one is my 4th or 5th repurchase of it (and I’ve almost hit pan). It’s a perfect colour for me because I’m quite pale, it’s matte (which is my bronzer type of preference) and is really good for contour, as well as adding a bit more colour to my usually ghostly white face. I love this bronzer and I use it every single day – I couldn’t imagine not having it in my make up routine. If you’re in the market for a good bronzer that works for us pale gals then I’d recommend this one, for sure.

I mention this foundation all the time and it’s the only one I’ve worn this year. I am obsessed with it. It is a demi-matte, medium to full coverage foundation which is incredibly long lasting. I’ve re-bought this twice this year and have just finished my second bottle. I first picked this up last January and have not stopped using it since. This was definitely one of my favourite finds in 2017 and I’m so glad that I found it.

This mascara is a cult favourite but it was only in 2017 that I managed to pick it up and give it a go for myself. This has been my stand-out mascara of 2017 and I’m so glad that I finally bit the bullet and tried it out. It’s lengthening, volumising and doesn’t transfer. Not to mention it’s also super affordable, so you won’t be breaking the bank if you want to pick this one up. It’s better than a lot of high end mascaras I’ve tried and I can’t fault it. It’s been a star of 2017 for me!

2017 was the year that I discovered luxury skincare but my favourite moisturiser by far has been the Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream. It’s a deeply hydrating moisturiser, incredibly thick and perfect if you’re like me and have severely dehydrated skin. It’s very pricy but you do get a bigger tub than this (this is just a sample size!) but a little does go a long way with this cream. It smells delicious, has made my skin feel the most hydrated and sumptuous that it has ever been and I would recommend this cream to anyone.

This is the first ever Dermalogica product I’ve tried but I am so impressed. I’ve tried a lot of eye creams this year but the most effective one by far was this one from Dermalogica. I have noticed, since using it morning and night twice a day that my eye bags have been really reduce and due to it’s silicone-like consistency, make-up applies so beautifully over the top of it. Again, yes, this is pricy but in my opinion as a little goes a long way it’s definitely worth the indulgence.

So that’s it! Those are my beauty favourites of 2017. Who knows what 2018 has in store for the beauty industry! What have been some of your stand out products from 2017? Let me know in the comments!

1. January 2, 2018 / 6:27 pm

Happy blog anniversary! I really want to try Hourglass in 2018 but I have no idea where to start. I'm currently saving for the CT Magic Cream and I have the Huda Beauty eyeshadow palette and foundation currently on their way. I really hope I got the right shade!

Roxie | thebeautifulbluebird.com

2. January 2, 2018 / 6:29 pm

This is a great post! I’ve not tried any of Huda Beauty products nor Hourglass but I might treat myself to some of these products on my birthday in the next couple of months! x

aysemervedemirblog.wordpress.com

3. January 2, 2018 / 6:34 pm

You should!! Such an amazing brand and I’m so glad I tried some of their products this year!!

4. January 2, 2018 / 6:35 pm

Thank you gal!! I think defo start with the ambient lighting powders – they’re a little pricy but honestly so worth it imo! Sounds like you got some good items on the way!! X

5. January 2, 2018 / 6:47 pm

Wow happy one year Chloe!! These products are great, that shimmer shade in the Huda palette looks divine no wonder its been a favourite!! Im dying to try some Charlotte Tilbury products so hopefully this year I can get my hands on some!

Sarah | http://www.sazsinclair.com xx

6. January 2, 2018 / 9:57 pm

I love that flatlay!! Huge congrats on reaching a blogging milestone! These products all look so good. I’ve heard really good things about that bronzer from the body shop x

7. January 3, 2018 / 11:33 am

Happy blog birthday!! That hourglass palette just get's prettier everytime I see it!! That huda palette is so gorgeous too!xx

Lucy | http://www.lucy-cole.co.uk

8. January 3, 2018 / 7:29 pm

Huge congratulations on your one year blogging anniversary! You've come so far in such a short time and I hope you feel really proud of your little space on the Internet! I'm not surprised to see so many Charlotte Tilbury products featured here, I've only ever heard positive things about them and I need to make my first purchase from her line ASAP! The Dermalogica eye cream definitely sounds like something I'd like to try (despite its priciness, eeek)! I always struggle with dark under eye circles so anything that will combat that is worth it in my book!

Abbey 😘 http://www.abbeylouisarose.co.uk

9. January 3, 2018 / 7:33 pm

The Charlotte tilbury foundation is one that I’ve heard some really amazing things about – and the lipsticks are really amazing quality too! Some great favourites x

Kayleigh Zara 🌿www.kayleighzaraa.com

10. January 4, 2018 / 3:12 pm

Happy Bloggerversary! You've done some truly incredible things in the last year Chlo! I also adore this selection of beauty faves too, I still really want the Hourglass palette, I just can't justify it yet haha xx

11. January 4, 2018 / 5:55 pm

happy bloggerversary girl! I've loved reading all of your posts and can't wait to see what's in store for 2018! I haven't heard of the Hourglass palette surprisingly, but it sounds fab!! xx

G

12. January 6, 2018 / 12:17 pm

Happy Bloggerversary! I absolutely love your photos on this post! I haven't tried any of these products but i'm definitely adding Charlotte Tilbury products and the Huda Beauty palette on my list of things to try, they look gorgeous!

Tallulah x

13. January 6, 2018 / 3:57 pm

Happy Bloggerversary!! Your flatlays are just devine, OBSESSED!!
    I am still sooo jealous of the Ambient Light Palette you have, it is a dream!!
    I have been using Dermalogica for a while and love them, their Toner and Moisturiser is my fav!
    xox

14. January 6, 2018 / 5:43 pm

Great post and Happy Bloggerversary! I definietly need to make more of an effort with looking after my skin this year x

Francesca | everythingchessie.co.uk 🌿

15. Debra-Bow
    January 10, 2018 / 9:32 pm

Happy Blog Anniversary girl. So glad I found your blog. It’s great!
    Also some brilliant picks in this blog post – many things I’ve not tried yet too. I need to grab my hands on some things after reading this… ahhh, must. not. break. spending. ban.

• Chloe Rennard
      January 11, 2018 / 10:17 am

Ah thank you Debra, that’s so lovely of you to say! Break the ban, it’ll be worth it!

16. January 11, 2018 / 10:50 am

Lovely products! I definitely will look into that eye cream as I’m starting to get fine lines (I wear contacts to see far away so I’m always tugging at my eye area to get them in and out). Thank you for sharing!

-Sophie xx
    Cherries & Perfume

17. January 21, 2018 / 2:54 pm

I love my huda beauty pal the too. It’s amazing !! X love all your favourites here x

18. January 23, 2018 / 9:17 pm

These products are so lovely, but I’m just obsessed with your photography and flatlays, it all looks so pretty!

Larice x|| http://hilarice.com