Top 5 Luxury Beauty Picks

Make-up is so expensive and sometimes hard to know what to spend your hard-earned cash on…

I’ve bought a lot of make-up over the past five years that I wish I hadn’t wasted so much money on. I’ve complied five beauty items that I think are worth the splurge and if you’re a beauty addict, you need these in your make up bag.These items are ones that I’ve either had for a long time and use everyday or ones that are newer to me that have just blown me away and I believe that you absolutely need and are a long-term investment, rather than a frivolous splurge.

A make-up item I have used religiously for the past 3 or so years is the original Naked palette from Urban Decay. It’s full of really diverse, buttery and pigmented eye shadows and I find myself reaching for this palette at least once a week – which is pretty impressive considering the amount of choice I have. It’s full of soft browns that are perfect for every day, as well as some pale golds, darker purples and greys and a black to help transform a look from day to night. I chose this palette to feature over the ABH Modern Renaissance because I think it’s more suited to beginners: it’s less pigmented (which sometimes isn’t a bad thing), extremely blendable and easy to work with and it contains all the shades a beginner could possibly need. Even if you’re not a beginner, this palette is so diverse and such a staple in my collection that I believe everyone needs.

I couldn’t choose between two lipstick formulas to feature, so I’m going to talk about both. I know that not everyone shares the same taste in lipstick shades and not all shades suit all skin tones so I’m strictly talking formulas. The first formula is the extremely-pricy-but-totally-worth-it ‘Rogue Pur Coture The Mats’ formula from YSL. Not only is the packaging amazing (if it’s gold, I’m sold) but this is one of the most comfortable and long-wearing lipstick formulas I’ve ever tried. It is extremely silky to apply – it almost feels really thin and like you’re not applying anything at all. Now, I’m pretty bad at French. I got a B at GCSE, and haven’t taken it since. In fact, when we went to Paris back in September, the only French word I said was “merci” and I say it more like “mercy”.  But hey, at least I’ve got manners, right? This lipstick formula is called “the mats” which is French, but I don’t know if that means it’s a matte lipstick. It’s definitely not one. It’s still got a very flattering sheen to it and I would say it’s more of a statin formula. I love these lipsticks and my favourite is ‘218 – Coral Remix’ which is a dark, purple-pink… not really a coral at all.

I couldn’t write a post about luxury beauty must-haves without mentioning bae, could I? For those who don’t know, bae is Charlotte Tilbury. I have a few of their lipsticks but by far my favourite formula is the Matte Revolution formula. This is one of the most comfortable matte formulas I have ever tried. These lipsticks are incredibly pigmented, long lasting and oh, can we talk about the packaging? Rose bloody gold! That sells me more than the actual lipstick. Pillow Talk is my favourite shade and I think that it’s really universally flattering – and yeah, it’s as good as they say it is and worth all the hype you can give it. I really think that every beauty lover should own at least one Charlotte Tilbury lipstick in their lifetime. I see it as more of a right of passage than anything else.

Oh, here she goes again. Talking about that bloody Hourglass palette again. Will she ever talk about anything else? Does she even own any more make up? If I mention something a lot (and we all know I’ve talked about this palette on my blog), then you know I really believe in it. Today, however, I’m not going to be talking about the palette but part of it. I believe everyone needs an Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in their make-up bag. These come with a hefty price tag. They’re £42 a time, which for a powder, is quite a lot of money. However, I truly believe these are worth it. In minutes they can transform your skin into a glowing literal representation of the sun. My favourite is Diffused Light, it looks flattering in any light and makes your skin literally look insane. These powders are so finely milled that you have no chance of looking dry or over powdered and while they’re not great at mattifying, they honestly make your skin look like angels kissed it. And believe me, that’s a good look. It’s my firm belief that a beauty lover should, at one time or another, own one of these powders.

Finally, concealer. The Nars Soft Matte Concealer has been one of my favourites now for almost 9 months. It’s the most blendable concealer I’ve ever tried. It really lives up to it’s name of being soft. It’s also matte, so it wins there as well. The coverage on this concealer is insane. I sometimes just use it as foundation because it’s so high-coverage. I find blending concealer around my nose area because, well, it’s quite hard to get in all the nooks and crannies in that area. However, this concealer blends so well into all the hard to reach areas – in fact, I’d almost go as far to say that it melts into them. Everyone raves so much about the Radiant Creamy Concealer but I wholeheartedly believe that this one is so much better.

What are your must-have luxury beauty items?
Contains PR samples & affiliate links...

1. February 14, 2018 / 10:21 pm

All of these products look gorgeous – UD Naked palette is one of my favourite palettes. And I would love to try the Nars concealer X
    Sarah X

2. February 15, 2018 / 9:36 am

I’m a huge fan of YSL beauty, especially their lipsticks! The colours are so full and the formula is really long lasting!x

3. February 15, 2018 / 10:40 am

The Naked Palette is gorgeous and I’ve always had my eye on it! The shades are just stunning. X

Kate// itskaterose.com

4. February 15, 2018 / 7:09 pm

This post is giving me all kinds of make-up jealousy right now because I’m so skint! I adore Urban Decay; they’re definitely a brand I treat myself to on occasion! I tend to buy more budget beauty products but for many products, you can see why you pay more when the quality is better! The Hourglass palette is to die for!

Sian x

5. February 15, 2018 / 7:19 pm

I love pillow talk and that hourglass palette is stunning!!

6. February 15, 2018 / 7:40 pm

Anything hourglass is worth it !

7. February 15, 2018 / 7:44 pm

I still really need to try Charlotte tilbury and NARs products! You and Gemma are making me need them in my life! x

8. February 16, 2018 / 12:07 pm

Everything sounds great! I loove the original Naked palette – it contains some of the most beautiful shades. I’m dying to get my hands on one of those Hourglass palettes too!xo

Char | http://www.charslittleblog.co.uk

9. February 16, 2018 / 12:27 pm

I need a YSL lipstick so bad, they are so stunning and instagram worthy!! x

10. February 16, 2018 / 3:21 pm

I really need to try a YSL lipstick! Everyone says how amazing they are! Also although you mention the hourglass palette all the time it’s so pretty so I can see why! xx

11. Emma
    February 16, 2018 / 6:18 pm

Great picks chlo, I’m always looking to expand my luxury beauty collection so these are some fab recommendations!
    Emma | emmadrury.com

12. February 17, 2018 / 7:22 pm

Urban Decays Naked palettes are my favs. I’d love to try more from NARS and I also love the lipsticks you featured.

13. February 17, 2018 / 10:36 pm

That YSL lipstick shade is simply stunning. I love the YSL packaging, it’s so luxurious xx

Gemma Etc. ❤️

14. February 19, 2018 / 12:17 pm

that YSL lipstick is so beautiful! all these picks are fantastic

15. February 20, 2018 / 12:59 am

I love my NARS radiant creamy concealer so if there’s something even better out on the market from the same brand I am here for it! Great post lovely. Totally agree – owning a Charlotte Tilbury is definitely a right of passage haha. xx

16. February 20, 2018 / 6:20 pm

I feel like I’ve never regretted buying any urban decay products, so they have to be the ones for me! xx

G

17. February 20, 2018 / 7:17 pm

Omg I love this post so much! the UD naked palette is one of my favourites ever! I’m also absolutely besotted with the Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution lipsticks; they’re my favourite ever! xx

18. February 21, 2018 / 12:02 pm

Some great products in here Chloe! I’m completely with you on the Charlotte Tilbury lipstick formula, it’s the best I’ve ever tried and stays so creamy on the lips its amazing! The original naked palette is actually one of the only UD palettes I don’t have but if its anything like the others I imagine it to be a great palette choice!

Sarah | http://www.sazsinclair.com xx

19. February 23, 2018 / 12:36 am

Great picks!
    I love my Urban Decay Naked palette, and definitely agree with you that it’s a must-have in everyone’s makeup collection. Definitely worth the splurge, in my opinion!

20. March 7, 2018 / 10:14 pm

Okay so you totally convinced me that I need a YSL lipstick! I love a cheeky luxury purchase, but I’m definitely one for researching and reading up on blogs and reviews before I buy! 👌🏼😍

Love izzy | http://www.adoseofchatter.com